Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up hair, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we'll be working on cleaning up the hair and just by way of interest,…it's kind of fun to see what we've actually done so far.…If we turn off the black and white layer, we can see all the retouching we've done, all those little spots.…So again, we're just hitting these really small spots.…Alright, we need to do some more small detail work.…Yet, we have to work on the flyaway hairs.…Let's work on the easy stuff first.…We're going to move to the top part of the image and then zoom in a little bit on this top part…of the image and we're going to create a new layer.…So let's click on the New Layer icon and we'll call this layer r2 for retouch 2.…
Next, we're going to grab the Clone Stamp tool and we're going…to make the brush a little bit bigger by pressing the right bracket key.…My opacity is about 40%.…That should actually be pretty good.…I'll take it perhaps a little higher that I think that might even be better.…What I want to do is just minimize these flyaways and eventually we're going to bring this background to pure white.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.