Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up hair, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
We're now ready to do some more clean up work on this image, yet before we do that,…let's turn off the visibility of our clean up layer.…Click in the Background layer and copy that layer to a new layer.…We're going to do that by clicking and dragging it to the New Layer icon, and we're going to name this new layer retouched.…This way we can check our progress.…We'll turn on the layer above, clean up, click in that layer and then press Command+E on a Mac,…Control+E on a PC, so here we have our retouched layer.…We need a new layer for the flyaway hair, so let's create a new layer.…
We'll click on the New Layer icon and we're not even going to name that layer,…because we're just going to do some quick clean up work here.…We'll press S on the keyboard to select the Clone Stamp Tool.…I'm going to take our Blend Mode to Darken, real low Opacity; I'm at 7%; that should be good.…I'm going to make my brush nice and small here, and I'll Option-click the background.…What I'm going to look to do is just to darken up these flyway hairs a little bit.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.