Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up the background, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this project we'll be working on this image, kee_photography.psd.…This image comes to us by way of a couple of good friends of mine at keephotography.com, check out their work.…Mike and Jasmine, thanks a ton for the use of this file.…Alright, let's go ahead and open it up, and then press F to go to Full Screen View mode,…and then double click the Zoom tool, that will take the image to 100%.…Let's turn off this notes layer, and that notes layer is basically telling us, we need to work on the skin,…on the background, on the eyes, on the hair, on the garment, on the tone,…and that notes are going to guide our retouching process.…
Well, first things first, we need to retouch or clean up the background.…So click in the Background layer, and then let's create a new Background layer,…and this time let's create a new Background layer by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking…on the Background layer and choosing Duplicate Layer.…Alright, let's name this layer clean up.…Next we're going to go over to one of these lamps over here, and select the Patch Tool from the toolbox.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.