In this video, learn how to use the Red, Blue, and Green values in order to define a color.
- [Narrator] While using the color picker … in the hue saturation and brightness mode, … is the most intuitive way to choose a color, … I'd also like to point you at an alternative way. … And for that, … let's have a look at the three value below here, … labeled R, G, B. … In a digital image file, the color of an individual pixel … is saved as a combination of three values … for the three color channels, … red, green, and blue. … In an eight bit per channel image file, … each of these channels can store 256 different values. … The value stored for each channel … can lie between zero and 255. … And by multiplying these three value ranges, … 256 by 256 by 256, … you end up with 16.777.216 million different colors. … Let's experiment with the values a little bit here … to understand better how it works. … So if I adjust all three values to zero, … I end up with the color black. … And if I adjust all three values to 255, … I end up with white. … If only one of the channels is 255, … and the other two are zero, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.