This video covers the various ways to choose or sample color.
- [Instructor] This movie summarizes the…different ways to choose, or sample colors in Photoshop.…Let's begin with the swatches panel.…You just choose a foreground color by clicking…on the swatch,…choose a background color by command or control…clicking on the swatch.…You can load pre saved swatches…or you can work with the swatches from any of these…color matching systems.…On the color panel,…mix colors by dragging over the color strip,…or by typing in the color numbers.…
And if you come to the panel options,…you can change your sliders to reflect…any of Photoshop's supported color modes.…You can also just key in the percentages if you prefer.…These two swatches represent the foreground…and background colors,…and over here we have white and black.…To sample a color from the image,…press I to access the eyedropper tool.…If you choose one of its tool space mates,…instead of the eyedropper tool,…then you can press shift I to cycle through…those different tools.…
Or if you are in your brush tool you can hold…down the option or ALT key to toggle to the eyedropper.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.