Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing makeup color on the lips, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] In this movie, I want to share with you…two techniques for working with makeup or makeup color.…The first technique involves using…an adjustment layer called solid color,…and the second one will look at how we can change color,…using hue saturation.…Alright, well let's begin by saying that,…with this photograph, we want to add a little bit of color…to the cheeks.…How do we do that?…Well one way to do that is to click on the adjustment layer…icon down there, and to choose the option…which is called, "solid color."…You can find that up here at the top of the list.…
And when you click on this option,…you then have the ability to sample a color.…And let's say we want to try a nice bright red.…And then, next click okay.…The trouble of course is that, right now,…red is everywhere, and red is covering up the image.…Well to see through the red,…you change the layer blending mode to color.…That then allows you to see all the texture…and tone underneath.…Okay, well that's good, but still the color's everywhere.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.