Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Another way that we can change the shape…in our photographs is by using a feature which is called…facial aware within liquify.…Let me show you how this works.…Here, I'll duplicate my background layer and then…double-click the layer name above,…and I'll call this one liquify.…Now we can use liquify either on a separate layer,…or we can also run it as a smart filter.…Either method works.…Here on the separate layer, we target the layer,…then go to the filter pull-down menu and choose liquify.…Inside of the liquify dialogue,…if it identifies that there's a face,…it will show you these parentheses, these overlay graphics.…
This also works with multiple faces, if you have…a photograph of two or three people, it will…identify the faces, and you can select which face…to work on inside of your face-aware liquify controls.…You simply click on the pull-down menu…and choose the face that you want to modify.…Here, we'll zoom in on this image so that…we can see this a little bit closer.…How, then, can we modify the image?…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.