Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing colors with Replace Color and Hue/Saturation, part of Photoshop CS5: Selections in Depth.
There are a couple of adjustments in Photoshop that don't technically qualify…as selection methods, but that allow you to isolate colors and change their appearance.…One of those adjustments is the replace color adjustment.…This is one of the few adjustments that you cannot apply as an…editable adjustment layer.…Because I'm going to apply this adjustment as a direct adjustment on an image…layer, I'll first duplicate the image layer.…I'll go to the single layer in this file, I'll right-click, and I'll choose…Duplicate layer and click OK.…
With the copy layer selected in the Layers panel, I'll go over to the Image menu.…I'll choose Adjustments and Replace Color.…If you've watched the movie on the Color Range Selection command, you'll…recognize some of the controls in this dialog box, the controls here in…the Selection area.…These are very similar to the Color Range Selection controls.…I'll use these controls to isolate part of the image, based on its color.…I'd like to change the color of the table and chairs.…
- Understanding the when and why of making selections
- Combining and transforming selections
- Selecting fine detail with Refine Edge
- Capturing soft and hard edges in one selection
- Understanding the relationship of selections to masks
- Removing color fringe around selections
- Using the Marquee and Lasso tools
- Working with the Color Range command
- Selecting with the Pen tool and paths
- Making easy selections with the Quick Selection tool
- Working with Refine Mask
- Sharing selections between images
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland26h 24m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
1. Why Make Selections?
2. Selection Basics
3. Modifying Selections
4. Refining Selections
5. Geometric Selection Methods
6. Drawing Selection Methods
7. Tonal and Color Selection Methods
8. Using Image Properties to Select
9. Saving Selections
10. Working in Quick Mask Mode
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.