Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Shadow removal, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Welcome to the challenge in this chapter.…For this challenge we'll be working on this portrait here,…and your goal is to reduce or remove the shadows…that we have here underneath the eyes in this portrait.…What I want you to do is to try out two different…techniques so that you can compare…and contrast results.…For this challenge you don't necessarily need…to overthink it, just test out some of the things…that we've covered so far in this chapter.…For this one, I would give yourself…approximately three to five minutes.…After you finish the challenge come back to the…next movie, and there I'll show you…my own approach to the challenge.…
Alright, well good luck on this one,…and I'll see you in the next movie.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.