Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Improving skin, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Welcome to the challenge for this chapter.…For this challenge we'll be working with a portrait…that captured of my buddy Bruce.…Bruce just has this great sense of humor.…We're going to start off with this portrait…on the left of Bruce.…Here's the before, and then the image…on the right is the after.…So what do you need to do?…Well there are essentially four things.…First, clean up all of the little skin…variations or blemishes.…Second, I want you to work on removing…the shine on his forehead.…Third, reduce the red, his ear over here…looks really bright red, so I want you to reduce that.…
And then the last adjustment is just to desaturate…the image, overall, to craft a unique look with the file.…For this particular challenge you should give yourself…approximately five to seven minutes.…After you finish the challenge, you can come back…to the next movie, and there I'll go through my steps…for how I would approach this challenge.…Alright, well good luck on the challenge,…and I'll see you in the next movie.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.