Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Fixing stray hairs and improving color, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the challenge movie…for this course.…This challenge has two parts.…We'll begin with the image on the left over there.…This is the before with our aim…of creating the after which is the image on the right.…Now the first part of the challenge…is cleaning up flyaway hairs.…The second part of the challenge…is to improve the color of the hair.…What I want you to do there…is to really bring out the nice bright pink colors…that we have there so that we can end up with something…which looks like image on the right.…For this challenge, I would give yourself…anywhere between five and 10 minutes,…and after you've completed the challenge,…be sure to come back to the next movie,…and in that one, I'll go through my steps…of how I would approach this challenge myself.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.