- In this, your first challenge…first you want to open up your image…and perform an evaluation of the tone and the color.…You'll want to do both a qualitative…and a quantitative evaluation.…Use your eyes, your histogram,…and your info panels together,…then create a first curve adjustment layer.…Label this the tone adjustment,…because that's the only thing you'll perform…on this first curve adjustment layer is tone only.…Then, perform a numeric based tone adjustment…using sample points in your image…and control points in your curve.…When you're satisfied with the results to this,…then create a second curve adjustment layer.…
Label this the color adjustment layer,…and then perform a quantitative adjustment…again using sample points in your image…and control points on your curves…and perform a numeric based adjustment…of the color first, and then the tone.…As we discussed you'll always want…to do color, and then tone.…Then you'll end up with two different…curve adjustment layers.…One which is tone only, and one which is with color and tone…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.