- Well, this is your second and final,…and more advanced, challenge.…Go ahead and open up your image, and then…right off the bat, create your 1st curve adjustment layer.…Label this "Tone Adjustment".…And then of course, you want to…evaluate your image for Tone and Color.…Use all the tools that you've learned in this course:…use your eyes, your Histogram, and your Info Panels.…Create your color sampler points,…then perform a numeric tone adjustment.…Use your Sample Points, create your…Control Points in your curves and use them,…and then, once you're satisfied with your tone adjustment,…then go ahead and shut down the visibility of that layer,…and create a 2nd curve adjustment layer.…
Label this "Color Adjustment".…Now, stop for a minute, and take a second, closer look…at the color balance of this image.…There's a bit of a color challenger presented you here.…Here's a tip: the color balance in the lightest highlight…may be different than the color balance…in the remainder of the image.…See if you can identify those two color balances,…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.