Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Advanced background clean up, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] Welcome to our first…advanced challenge in this chapter.…For this challenge we'll be working…with this photograph that I captured…at a friend's wedding in Italy.…And when I captured the image I noticed…the father of the bride was walking her down…towards where the wedding was taking place.…Yet what I didn't notice was…the stop sign in the background.…So for this challenge I want you…to remove the stop sign and also to clean up…some of the details of the photograph…and then to remove the bridesmaid…who is standing here behind the father of the bride.…
For this challenge I would give yourself…approximately 10 to 15 minutes.…If you get frustrated or stumped…don't give up because you can always check out…how I would approach this challenge…and I'll show you all of my steps in the next movie.…Good luck with this challenge…and then I'll see you in the solution movie…which comes next.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.