Join Rayce Bird for an in-depth discussion in this video Cavity painting, part of Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshop.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video we'll discover the power…of using cavity masks to apply different shades and tints.…So I have my character.…He's got some really nice base tones,…and let's see what we can do…to bring that to life a little bit more.…So let's zoom right up on this guy's face,…we'll go over to SubTool and make sure…we have our base selected,…and drop down to Masking,…and in Masking, we have this…nice little Mask By Cavity option.…
This is one of my favorites.…If you hit that button, you'll be able to see…that it jus grabs all the little cavities,…and it really helps.…Even just the mask on there looks…like it's emphasizing our sculpture, so,…we can change the blur…and kinda dial that up a little bit more.…Let's go somewhere like 55.…Hit the Mask button again.…And as you can see, it kinda softens it,…gets a little bit more specific,…and this is the one we'll actually wanna use, so,…But before we start painting,…make sure you click on the Blur Mask.…And it'll just soften it a little bit.…
That way when we start painting in these colors,…
- Sketching silhouette in Photoshop
- Refining your character
- Using ZSpheres to create basic anatomy
- Adding to the anatomy with Dynamesh
- Adding eyes, horns, fingers, and clothes
- Coloring, shadowing, and texturing the model
- Using the Transform tools
- Lighting and rendering the creature
- Compositing in Photoshop
- Color correcting and adding noise to the scene
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
1. Character Discovery
2. Sketch It Out
3. Sculpting with Dynamesh
4. Detail Refinement
5. Coloring Techniques
6. Using Transform Tools
7. Lights and Rendering
8. Compositing in Photoshop
9. Finishing Touches
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.