Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the background, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
And now what we need to do is start to build out this background.…So one of the first things I'm going to do is actually click and drag this over…to the right a little bit, just to open up a bit more space because I want to…have a bit more space on this side of the frame.…There are a couple of different ways that we can do that, one way that we can do…that is by copying the background layer.…Click and drag the background layer to the new layer icon to copy it, and then…you can go ahead and click into one of these layers and just drag it over.…In doing that you can see what we're doing here is just extending the wave.…
Now there will be some repeating patterns and there's the edge that we need to…deal with, we'll deal with all of that.…For now though, let's go ahead and start off with some masking, we'll click into…the background copy layer, click on the Add Layer Mask icon, then grab your…Brush tool and here we'll paint with black.…I'll paint with black with a pretty high opacity, with a really nice big brush…
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.