Join Kevin Stohlmeyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Brush panel, part of Using Wacom Tablets with Photoshop.
- [Narrator] I've opened up the Hats.psd file…from our exercise files,…and now I wanna color in these little fabric bands…on each of the hats.…I've actually got the finished piece…over here on the layers panel, under the hat color layer.…You can turn the visibility on and off…to see the final results.…Now if I zoom in,…you can see there's a lot of detailed areas in here.…Thinner areas and thicker areas,…especially when you get in between the particular hats.…If I took a standard brush and started to color,…I would have to switch this back and forth quite a bit,…so instead, we're gonna use a couple easy controls…to adjust our shape dynamics of our brush…making it easier to get into…these little nooks and crannies.…
I'm gonna start by creating another layer in my layers panel…and I'm gonna change the blend mode from normal to color.…Next, I'm gonna select my brush tool,…and go over to my brush presets,…and I'm gonna choose a soft round brush to start with.…Now, I could get in here,…and just simply go in and change the brush size…
- Changing the pen nib
- Customizing the ExpressKeys, touch options, and more
- Understanding opacity vs. flow
- Using the brush tools and Mixer Brush
- Working with erodible brushes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on in April 2016. What changed?
A: We updated one video, "Radial Menu," to reflect changes to the Wacom software.