Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Brush Tip Shape, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- We have seen that we can choose…different brush tips for the brush tool…and in fact, there's a whole bunch…of options that we can choose…for the brush tool and we can access…these options via Windows Brush.…This opens up the brush palette…and we want to have a look at this palette…and what we can do over here.…
So, here we re-encounter the side slider…that's the same value that we find when we…open up the little window over here…so these two sliders do the same.…They can adjust the size of our brush.…And then, we can even set up an angle…for our brush stroke and for a round brush tip…this does not make a difference.…
But if we combine it with a roundness factor…and we can either make a numeric input…over here or we can grab these points here…to adjust the roundness of our brush tip.…We have effectively created a kind of…calligraphic brush tip and for that one…the angle rotation here makes absolute sense.…
Now I reset everything to 100 percent roundness…to demonstrate to you another setting…which is the hardness.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.