Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Brightening teeth, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie I want to do some initial Teeth Brightening.…Click in your topmost layer and then click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Hue/Saturation.…We're going to do something that is very similar to what we did in the previous movie.…Let us Zoom In a little bit on the image here and we're going to go to the yellows.…Now, when I swing the yellows, one way or the other we notice that yeah, we have these yellows in the teeth here.…OK, well that is helpful.…What we can do is click on the icon for the Add to Sample area and add a little bit to the sample area.…Then go ahead and click to add, I'm going to modify the teeth here just a little bit…and make sure I have all of this area selected, OK that looks good.…
Next, desaturate, yes desaturate.…Pull out the color there and then navigate to the Master channel and increase the lightness of that channel and click OK.…Now, we're going to invert this mask, Command+I on a Mac, Ctrl+I on the PC.…Press B to select the Brush tool and we're going to paint with white and what we're going to do here is paint with white.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.