Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Brightening eyes, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Now that we have done some of our basic clean-up work and reduced some of the wrinkles.…Let's start to work on some other areas of the image, in particular let's work on the eyes.…We'll zoom on the image.…What we're going to do here is click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Curves.…Now I'm going to click in the middle and brighten up the image and then take this to a Blend Mode of Screen.…Now that's really intense what Screen is, is double the intensity of the brightness.…I'll able to dial this in so it looks good.…Click in the Mask for this particular Adjustment Layer in on a Mac press Command+I…on the PC press Control+I and then zoom in on the image.…
Next, press B to select the Brush tool, we're going to paint with white and we're going to paint at a real low Opacity.…I'm going to go down to about 18% here.…What I'm looking to do is just to bring in some brightness to the lower portion of the eye here.…I'm going to go ahead and bring some in on this side.…At this point, it's going to be a little bit too intense,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.