Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Brightening and coloring the eyes, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Narrator] One of the ways that you can brighten the eyes…and change the color is with the Curves Adjustment Layer…and a hand painted mask.…So let's zoom back in on the eyes here…and we can see the work that we've done so far.…As mentioned we did a little retouching before,…then we improved the detail on the eyes,…and now that we've done all of that work,…what I want to do next is…I want to bring out some brightness…and change the color of the eyes.…Let me zoom in really close…so we can actually see that better.…Here we'll click on the Curves Adjustment Layer icon…and in Curves I'm going to click and drag up…to brighten a little bit…and then in this darker area I'll bring this down…because I still want to have some contrast or density.…
Then next I'll go to the red area…and if we drag up things become more red,…drag down they become a little more cyan.…That would be kind of fun with blues eyes to add…a little bit of that look in there.…Also go to the blue channel…and in the blue channel click and drag up…to bring in some blue.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.