Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Blending two images to achieve the look, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- It was an extremely productive and creative experience…on Second Beach.…I really had a good time playing with the different…shutter speeds on the waves.…In this particular image,…I really like these streaks coming right at me,…but there's a problem.…With a four second exposure,…if we look up here, we can see four seconds.…The camera moved in the sand…because, as we talked about in the field,…as the waves go in and out, the tripod can sink.…If I zoom in on a sea stack,…you're actually gonna see,…it's as if there's two sea stacks.…
One directly behind it,…so the camera moved during that exposure.…And as I reviewed my images,…gosh, this was my favorite one with water.…Well, I'm gonna show you a very cool way…to fix it to make this image usable.…I'm gonna take this image…and blend it with this image.…Now, I took this just 30 seconds after that,…so very close so the light's very similar,…and the wave; it completely receded,…so you can see there's nothing interesting…on the foreground, but if we zoom in on the sea stack,…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 47s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.