In this video, get introduced to the concept of Blend modes and explore the different effects that can be achieved by using them.
- [Instructor] We have now looked at all the tools … that we can use to apply color to our digital canvas. … I want to close this chapter by describing an option … that all these tools have in common. … I'm talking about the mode which you can find up here … in the options bar in the brush tool … but also in the paint bucket tool … and the gradient tool. … The default mode is normal. … And when selected, your color application will behave, … well, normal. … In a way that the color you have chosen … will cover up the canvas and all colors below. … Very much what you would expect to happen … when using acrylic paint or a brush color. … And even when you paint a low opacity … if you build up enough layers you will end up … with your chosen color covering up everything. … Now, what will happen if we use a different mode? … First, ramp up opacity to 100% again. … Now, let's choose the multiply mode. … In multiply mode, the color that you have chosen … will be multiplied onto the color … that is already on the canvas. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.