Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Blend modes, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- We've talked about all the tools that you can use…to apply color to the digital canvas now,…and I want to close this chapter by describing an option…that all these tools have in common.…I'm talking about the Mode that you can see…in the options panel, here, and the brush tool,…but also in the gradient tool,…and the paint bucket tool over here.…I will use the brush tool to demonstrate…the effect of different Mode settings.…
You see that the mode comes with a pull-down menu,…and in it we find a long list of different modes,…and I won't describe them all,…only the most important ones, and we'll start…with a preset Normal Mode, and in Normal Mode,…our brush just behaves, well, normal.…And by that I mean, that it behaves…like a brush on paper…if you're using it with an opaque paint…like acrylic paint, oil paint, or gouache.…
So what it does, basically, is…it takes the foreground color that is selected,…and applies it to the canvas, and if you change the color,…the new color will just cover up…all other colors that are already on the canvas.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.