This video explores the characteristics and usage of the Bitmap color mode.
- [Instructor] This movie is about Photoshop's Bitmap mode.…Before a color image can be converted to the Bitmap mode,…it must first be converted to grayscale.…As we saw in a previous movie, the best way to convert…to grayscale is to use a black and white adjustment layer,…which you can then use to adjust…the contrast of the grayscale.…So that's what I have done here.…I've applied a black and white adjustment layer.…I'm now ready to move to the Grayscale mode…to commit to my adjustment layer by flattening the image,…and then I'll return to the Mode menu and choose Bitmap.…
A bitmap image contains a single channel,…and all of its pixels are only one bit deep.…So they're either completely black or completely white.…A bitmap can be used for line art,…preferably with a resolution that matches…the resolution of your output device,…or you can create some interesting halftone screen effects.…So I'm going to set the resolution here to 600,…even though I started out with a resolution of 240,…and for the method I'm going to use Halftone Screen.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.