Learn how to use Puppet Warp to bend fabric fills around elbows and knees.
- Puppet warp is another way we can warp fabric…around a body, and this technique is especially…good for things like elbows and knees,…when you have to turn around a bend or a corner.…This is another sketch by my student Brielle,…and I have already gone ahead and rendered the jacket…and I dodged and burned the shading for the jacket…on the jacket layer, but the shading for the shirt layer,…I did on a separate shading layer because…we're filling it with a pattern.…All right, let's open up the top.…I've got the right sleeve over here…and let's go ahead and actually I already did it,…so you don't have to.…
I've got the pattern fill here ready to go…and I turned it into a smart object.…But let me do it just in case.…I'm going to draw a rectangle around the sleeve.…I don't need a wide piece because I'm gonna bend…the rectangle, so we'll do that.…I'm gonna click on the cookie, grab a pattern.…We'll select this stripe pattern…and we need to make it smaller.…Click okay, and now I've got my pattern.…
In order to use that pattern, we need to right click…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.