Join Rayce Bird for an in-depth discussion in this video Before watching this course, part of Turning Yourself into a Zombie in Photoshop.
- [Voiceover] Before you get started, you'll need a basic understanding of Photoshop. If you're not there yet, go check out Photoshop CC Essential Training with Julieanne Kost. In this course, you'll learn the basics of Photoshop and some compositing techniques from one of the best.
Creature creator Rayce Bird, the winner of Face Off, shows how to take a normal portrait and turn it into a hideously frightening zombie with Photoshop. He starts at the very beginning: finding the right image to zombify. He then shifts to "preparing the canvas," where he makes some initial adjustments to get the image going in the right scary direction. From there, it's all about the details, including teeth, veins, bone, blood, color correction, and the proper lighting. In the end, members will have a perfectly horrific zombie version of themselves.
- Finding the right reference images
- Making anatomy changes with the Liquify tool
- Creating custom texture brushes
- Adding zombie features: bone, blood, and gore
- Adding color
- Adjusting the lighting