Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic cleanup, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this project, we'll be working on the file carol_appleton.psd.…Let's go and open this one up, press F to go to full-screen view mode and then zoom in a little bit.…Press the spacebar to reposition the image near that top part of the screen…that will give us good posture while we're working on this photograph.…Now this is the photograph of my aunt.…This is someone I deeply respect, I love, and she happened to come by our house and we just in the front yard,…while we were having a garage sale and I snapped this quick portrait.…She is an amazing person and amazing artist, she has inspired me in number of different ways.…
What I want to do with this portrait's make it a little bit more flattering.…So let's go ahead and start the process.…First things first; we're going to do a little bit of cleanup work.…So let's go ahead and name the background layer, double click that layer and let's call this layer original.…Next, we're going to copy this layer and we're going to copy it by clicking and dragging it…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.