Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic cleanup, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, we will be working on the file RBerman.com.…This image comes to us by way of one of my former students, Berman.…The guy is really cool.…He is a very talented, very motivated fashion photographer based in Los Angeles and New York.…Berman, thanks a ton for the use of this file.…What we are going to do in this project is look at how we can improve this image,…how we can retouch it and apply some creative color effects.…So let's go ahead and open up this file and begin our Basic Retouching.…Another thing I should say that we are going to do here is we are going to work on how we can retouch this image without stacking…up our layers, without creating a huge amount of layers.…
So we are going to try to keep our layer count to a minimum.…What that will mean is we will create layers and then flatten them down.…So we are going to do this back-and-forth thing with our layer work.…Alright, so let's go ahead and rename our background layer.…Double-click on that and let's rename this one Original.…Next, let's copy that Command+J and we will call this R1 for Retouch 1.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.