Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic cleanup, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this project, we will be working on this nice portrait here.…Go ahead and open up that image and go to Full Screen View mode, zoom in a little bit on the image.…It's a little bit too close, isn't it?…I will zoom out a little bit.…I am zooming out holding on the Option key on a Mac, Alt key on a PC and using the scroll wheel, it's a nice way to zoom.…You can also double-click the Zoom tool to take it to 100%.…Here we have some notes of some of the things that we want to do.…There is definitely some cleanup work that needs to be done.…So let's go ahead and do that.…Click on the Background Layer.…Create a new layer.…
We are going to create a new layer by way of shortcut, Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC.…Call this layer Basic Retouch, and we are going to zoom in a little bit.…Select the Healing Brush, good old Healing Brush.…Right bracket will make this brush a little bit bigger.…I am going to zoom in even closer, hold down the Option key on a Mac, Alt key on a PC to sample your source area.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.