Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic cleanup of a model, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back.…In this movie we're going to do some more detail work, in particular, we're going to work on flyaway hairs.…So let's create a New Layer; Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC.…c1 for clean up one.…Select the Clone Stamp Tool, and let's zoom way in on these hairs here.…What we're going to do with this is we're going to do some cloning on our Blend Mode of Lighten.…So I'm taking it to Lighten, my Opacity I'll take to about 40% here.…I'm going to Option-click and just start to paint over these flyaway hairs.…
I'm going to Option-click to sample from a different area, and I'm going to look to try…to bring down the different brightness values.…I'm actually going to bring down some of the brightness values of the edge of the hair as well.…So I'm going to go through this and progressively bring these out, sampling different areas.…You are noticing though that I'm trying to sample areas…that have a pretty close brightness value, before and after, that looks really nice.…So I want to try to keep those things together.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.