In this video, explore the basic settings of the Brush tool, adjusting the value and flow of your brush stroke.
- [Instructor] When the brush tool is active, … the options bar at the top of our application window … shows a couple of settings that help us to … adjust the behavior of the brush tool. … Let's have a closer look at what these settings do. … On the very left here in the options bar, … we see this little icon that resembles our brush tip. … If we click it, this dialogue pops open and … for the time being, we want to concentrate … only on this value here, the size of our brush. … We can adjust it with this slider. … Then if we paint, the dialogue closes automatically … and we can paint with our new brush size. … So, it would be a little bit cumbersome to … always go up to the options bar to change our brush size. … That's why you can also just click the right mouse button … and the dialogue opens right at the position of your cursor. … You can change your brush size and continue your work. … Here in the options bar you also find an opacity setting. … It's currently set to 100%, which means …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.