Join Julieanne Kost to discover how to use Adobe Generator to automatically generate files from layer(s) using simple layer naming conventions.
- [Instructor] There might be times when you need…to create files from individual layers…or layer groups in Photoshop…and Adobe Generator can make that really easy.…By using specific naming conventions…Photoshop can automatically create JPEG, PNG or GIF files.…In this image I want to export the photograph…of the waterfall as well as the text,…which I have changed to shape layers,…and the individual graphics.…And if I make changes to them it would be really…really handy if Photoshop would automatically update…those exported graphics.…
So let's see how we can do this.…Well, the waterfall layer, I want to export as a JPEG.…So all I need to do in the layers panel…is rename the layer and add a .jpg after it.…That will tell Generator to export this layer as a JPEG.…Now by default the JPEG assets are generated at 90% quality.…But you can type in a different quality level.…So for example if I type 5, that would be 50%.…
I can also type in 50 and then add the percentage,…but that's just a little more work so…if I want this at 50% I'll just type in 5.…
- Quickly saving images as different file types
- Creating single and multi-step actions
- Saving and loading actions
- Inserting stops, menu items, and conditionals
- Tips for working with layers
- Using the Batch command
- Creating droplets
- Automatically creating graphics from layers using generators
- Working with variables and scripts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Quickly Saving Images as Different File Types
2. Action Essentials
3. Tips and Tricks for Recording Actions
4. Using the Batch Command
5. Droplets, Variables, and Scripts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.