Another type of adjustment layer that you need to take advantage of in Adobe Photoshop is the Color Lookup adjustment layer. Color Lookup tables give colors already in an image a new definition as another color. In this video, learn how to attach a LUT to a Lightroom preset.
- A recent change to Lightroom is an Advanced Camera Profile…that allows you to attach other settings.…Now, we can actually import look-up tables,…and attach them to our Lightroom presets.…This means that a lot of the advanced things…you do in PhotoShop can translate…to a Lightroom color adjustment.…Let me show you how to take the PhotoShop lot,…and attach to a Lightroom preset.…One of the easiest ways to create a new Lightroom profile…is to actually use Adobe Bridge.…
What you have to do is, select an image,…and then right-click, and open that image…inside of Adobe Camera Raw.…This will give you a different user interface…to the engine that's used…under the hood inside of Lightroom.…Once the image is open, you could take advantage…of any adjustments that you want to the image.…For example, I can recover the highlights,…and lift the shadows a little bit here,…a little bit of clarity into the image,…and pop the vibrance.…
And now, simply switch on over to the Presets tab here.…You'll see a lot of different presets.…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.