Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Artistic reflections and goodbye, part of Enhancing an Environmental Portrait with Photoshop.
Congratulations on making it through this project. …You know my hope is that what we've focused in on in this project that it's given you …some insight and some inspiration of how you can start to integrate these techniques into …your own workflow. …And as you seek to create more compelling and interesting photographs, keep this in …mind; it's never about following someone else's steps, rather it's about learning from others …and then it's about taking your own vision and seeing how you can make that come to life.…
Well thanks for joining me in this project, I hope it was helpful. …I look forward to seeing you next time. Bye for now. …
In this course, photographer, teacher, and author Chris Orwig explores a variety of Adobe Photoshop postproduction techniques that enhance the authenticity and mood of an environmental portrait. Working with a photograph of world-champion surfer Kelly Slater, Chris steps through each technique, from black-and-white conversion and toning to retouching and more, explaining his creative process along the way.
- Cleaning up small details with the healing tools
- Using Liquify to make minor adjustments
- Burning and dodging to add emphasis
- Experimenting with creative color
- Creating a black-and-white, sepia-toned effect
- Adding realistic film grain
- Blending in texture from another photograph
- Retouching the background