Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy
Legendary author and artist Bert Monroy has been making digital art since 1984; he's a pioneer in the field who never stops innovating creatively. In this course, he walks through basic artistic concepts critical for creating great art and designs. The course covers concepts like perspective, shadows, and reflections, and shows how to take advantage of Adobe Photoshop tools like layers to add, mask, and remove objects.
- Understanding the vanishing point
- Establishing a light source
- Creating shadows on surfaces
- Creating reflections
- Aligning layers to add and remove objects
- Hi, and welcome to Artistic Concepts with me, Burt Monroy. Now, in this course what I'm gonna cover is not just techniques in Photoshop but basically some basic concepts about design. Not design on where you should put something, but how it should look when it's put with other objects. If you're gonna take a photograph and make it look nice that's fairly simple. Sometimes complicated, but still fairly simple. But if you're gonna take two photographs and put 'em together, that's where certain complications come in. So, I'm gonna teach you about shading.
How to add shadows, how to find out where the light source is, things like perspective, a very important thing because one thing might have been shot at a tabletop and you're trying to put it into a scene of a plaza, then perspective has to match to make it look like that item is in fact in that plaza. And things like shadows and reflections. If something's shiny and it's put into another scene, well it has to reflect the environment around it. So what we're gonna talk about is how all these things work together and how to use 'em to make your images look real.
Photorealism with Bert Monroy: Volume 1547,773 Views
Bert Monroy: The Making of Times Square, The Tools142,165 Views
Bert Monroy: The Making of Amsterdam Mist, the Structures32,808 Views
Photorealism with Bert Monroy: Volume 2188,775 Views
Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy: Volume 224,717 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,996 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,930 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate547,075 Views