The Art of Photoshop Compositing
Join Julieanne Kost as she walks you through her creative thought process and explains how she transforms concepts and raw images into entirely new works of art using Adobe Photoshop. Discover how to select the images you need to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. Master the tools used in compositing, including adjustment layers, masking, blending, and Smart Objects, so that the technology doesn't get in the way of expressing your creative vision. Learn how to adjust scale and perspective and manipulate texture and focus to help viewers temporarily suspend their disbelief long enough to enter your world.
- What makes a good composite?
- Refining your story
- Composing using the basic principles of design
- Customizing your Photoshop workspace
- Preparing elements from your source images
- Adjusting color, tone, balance, and perspective
- Mastering the Pen tool
- Unifying with texture, focus, leading lines, and structure
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome to The Art of Photoshop Compositing. In this course I'm going to walk through concept development, image selection, and helpful techniques to create complex photo composites. Many of these images are inspired by my dreams and are highly personal representations of my imagination and personal reality. My images have an aspect of Realism, but they are not photo realistic. For me, compositing combines three lifelong passions: my love of photography, the process of creation, and technology. In this course we will go step by step through the processes that I've developed over the years and explore how elements can work together to better convey a vision.
We will rely on established design principles in order to unify images, making them believable as we create new interpretations of the world around us. I'll start off by examining What Makes a Successful Composite, including compositional considerations and image preparation. Then we'll customize the Photoshop workspace so that we can quickly access the tools that we need by modifying preferences, panels, and short cuts. We'll move on to create three complex composites using selections, layers, masking, and blending to isolate and seamlessly combine images.
We'll adjust color and tone at its scale and perspective and manipulate texture and focus to create beautiful, compelling, and believable images. So join me in this fun and challenging pursuit of self expression as we use Photoshop to explore and convey our personal vision through The Art of Compositing in Photoshop. Let's get started.
Photoshop CC Selections and Layer Masking Workshop415,958 Views
Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Fundamentals1,310,454 Views
Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing460,299 Views
Portrait Project: Retouching a Studio Portrait166,278 Views
Working with Perspective in Photoshop120,155 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,294,268 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,428,752 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,787,756 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced665,271 Views