Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying styles in practice, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop.
In this video, we're going to take everything that we've learned so far in…this chapter and combine it together to create one cohesive stylized look for our piece.…Now before we do that, let's check out our project.…I'm just going to scrub with my playhead so we can get a general idea …as to what's happening.…As you can see we have our Fade, with our kind of gloomy look and then some…edited stills that have been adjusted.…And then we have our out with the jet. Okay.…Now, this is enough for me to kind of figure out, …Okay. Stylistically, what do I want to do?…Well, I want to add kind of a funky vignette to this.…
Since it has this sort of gloomy look, I want to stylize it and warm it up a…little bit with some colors and I want this to be a background element, so I…want to make it a little more subtle.…And a very popular way of making things more subtle is by adding a vignette.…Now, a lot of people just add vignettes by adding black into the corners, …and we're not going to do that.…We're going to use some Adjustment layers.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.