Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying the filters, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Instructor] One of the most impressive…features of Smart Objects, is the way in which…they make filters editable at a later point.…Let's see how this works.…In this simple montage, we have…a crew member from a Star Trek-like…science fiction show, she was actually…created in Adobe Fuse.…And she's in a separate layer…above this planetary background.…To start, we'll make sure her layer is selected,…and turn this layer into a Smart Object.…
And you can see the indication in the corner,…that this is, indeed, a Smart Object.…Let's start by adding some motion blur to this,…to get that beaming down effect.…We'll go to "filter", "blur",…and we'll choose "motion blur".…Now, we want her to be beaming down,…rather than sideways, so let's change the angle…from zero, to 90 degrees.…And let's increase that amount,…so we get a good sense of her zooming down into position.…
I quite like that, let's apply it.…You can see, that when you apply any filter…to a Smart Object, it's listed in the layers panel.…Above it, you can see this white rectangle,…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.