Learn about setting the defaults in the curves adjustment dialog; bringing in the end points; types of curves; ideal curve shapes; and using the L-channel curve to enhance contrast.
- [Instructor] There are many ways to adjust exposure, … saturation, the quality of light, … and the dynamic range of a photograph in Photoshop. … But as one friend of mine, who's an expert Photoshop user … put it to me recently, "I've tried them all and many of them … "work nicely, but I've pretty much settled on using … "a Curves adjustment because once you know … "how to use Curves, you can do anything you want … "without bothering with any of that other Photoshop stuff." … The Curves adjustment gets even better and more powerful … when used in combination with Lab color. … For starters, the impact is stunning … when you apply a curve to the Lightness channel, … the black and white information of an image … without impacting the color. … Let's see how this works in the context of this photo … of the Point Bonita Lighthouse that guards the often stormy … entrance to the Golden Gate near San Francisco. … If you'll look at the photo, you'll see that it has … a somewhat monochromatic appearance. …
- Converting images to Lab Color space
- Applying Curves to Lab channels
- Selective sharpening
- Inverting channels
- Making per-channel equalizations
- Using the Lab action
- Combining Lab Color with blending modes
- Making patterns with Lab images
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Backgrounds and Textureswith Harold Davis2h 18m Intermediate
Enhancing Landscape Photos with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Ben Long1h 30m Intermediate
Enhancing Night and Low-Light Photos with Photoshopwith Seán Duggan2h 12m Intermediate
1. Fine-Tuning an Image with LAB and Curves
2. Using the Inversion Adjustment
Inverting the A channel3m 25s
3. Working with Equalizations
4. A Palette of Lab Possibilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.