Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying creative effects to a portrait, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Good portrait retouching…isn't always just removing distractions,…sometimes it's adding things to the image as well.…Well that's what we'll do here…in this second part of our project.…We'll have a little bit of fun…and we'll explore how we can add a drop shadow…to the subject, add a blur effect to the background,…bring in some typography and a few graphics as well.…Alright, well let's begin by organizing our layers.…We really do not need the original background layer…so I'll trash that one.…Then double-click the layer name for the concrete wall…and go ahead and name that one Concrete Wall.…Then next, let's target the layer with our subject.…
That's the top layer in our layer stack.…To add an effect, you can go down to the FX icon.…Click on that and the one we're looking for is Drop Shadow.…When you click on Drop Shadow it will open up…a Layer Style dialog so that we can…work with our drop shadow settings.…So here's Drop Shadow, here are the settings.…One of the things that you can do is change the angle…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.