Mike Rankin explains the usage of three auto-correction commands in Photoshop: Auto Tone, Auto Contrast, and Auto Color. He explains the basic concept of a color cast and demonstrates the different effects these commands have on contrast and color in photos.
- [Instructor] In this movie we'll look at … how to improve photos using … the auto correction features in Photoshop. … But first let's make sure we understand … what color correction is. … Generally speaking color correction is the process … of adjusting the colors in an image … so they more accurately represent the real world colors … of the subject for output in print or just on screen. … When the overall colors in an image are skewed … in a particular way so they don't … match the real world colors … we say that the image has a color cast. … And in that case you need to correct … all the colors in the image. … Other times you might need to target color corrections … to a specific range of colors … while leaving the rest untouched. … And you should be able to demonstrate … both of these things for the ACA. … In terms of tools for color correction, … in the image menu you have three auto adjustments. … Auto Tone, Auto Contrast and Auto Color. … Auto Tone attempts to remove color casts …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.