Not only can you use Lookup Tables, or LUTs, to correct images and video, but you can also use them to create tradition, fun, and modern looks. What types of LUTs create a fun, stylized look? In this movie, author Richard Harrington demonstrates how to apply several LUTs that simulate popular looks.
- While lookup tables can be corrective in nature,…they can also be quite fun…to simulate traditional looks…or even modern looks.…Let me show you one option.…Let's go ahead to a website called Cineblur…and this has a series of LUTs available for sale.…You can explore their paid stuff…to see some different creative looks that are available…and these are a lot of fun…and they're quite affordable.…However, let's jump to the free stuff for now…and you'll see a collection…of some creative free lookup tables.…
What I'm going to pull down here…is the set that is labeled for Instagram.…Here they are.…Instagram filters for video.…Click on that to open up the page…and what you can do here is download these.…If it hasn't started to download automatically,…just click the download link.…Let me go ahead and grab those.…I'll copy them…and place them into the LUTs folder here…in my downloadable exercise files.…
Now, back in Photshop, we can apply those.…Let's open up an image.…In this case, let's open up one here of this street vendor…
In this course, Rich Harrington demystifies lookup tables (LUTs) and shows how to use them with Photoshop, Lightroom, and other Adobe CC applications. He also shows how to use gradient maps—where tints are based on the luminance values in the image—to add creative color and noise to images, and how to organize, store, and share these assets with other Creative Cloud programs and other photo and video professionals.
- Understanding the role of LUTS
- Working with LUTs and Looks in Premiere Pro
- Creating custom LUTs
- Cross-application workflows
- Managing your LUT library and presets