The Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Blur, and Sharpen tools all allow you to use brushes to retouch specific areas and enhance the look of your photos, as Mike Rankin demonstrates.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how … to make changes to photographic images using tools … like dodge, burn, sponge, blur, and sharpen. … In our first exercise file, we have this cool photo … of a person raising their arms at the sunrise, … or maybe it's a sunset, I'm not really sure. … But either way, it's a cool image and we can enhance it … with the dodge, burn, and sponge tools. … And I have two identical layers here in the file, … so we can see the before and after effect … when we're done. … We'll target the top layer, Retouched. … And I'll start with the dodge tool. … This allows you to paint on the image … to lighten areas. … I'll use the right bracket key on my keyboard … to make my brush large, something like 250 pixels, … and paint some lightness onto the back of the sweatshirt. … I'll undo, and you can see the change, … and redo to bring it back. … The burn tool does the opposite. … It let's you paint on an image to darken specific areas. … So in this case, I might drag over the islands …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.