Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating text elements, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop (2012).
Adding text is one of my personal favorite things to do when creating animation.…It's obviously a clear way to communicate exactly what's going on in the scene.…So, if we take our Playhead here and scrub through the scene, you can see …we have some clearly defined scenes in our project.…So, we're going to add some text here in this opening area.…We'll add some text over our images and then we'll add some text here at the end…which will eventually make up the logo for the title reveal.…
Now to get started, let's go to the beginning section here where the …rearview mirror is dominant in the scene.…To add text, we'll press T on our keyboard to grab the Text tool.…Now it may take a second to initialize but once it initializes we'll be able to…click in the canvas.…Now once you see your icon like this, we can click anywhere in the canvas to start typing.…So, I'm going to click in the lower left corner of the rearview.…Now let's type the word REMEMBER using all caps.…
Now obviously this looks a little small so to resize, if you hold down the…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.