Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating masks, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop (2012).
Animating Masks inside of Photoshop is one of the surefire ways to take your…animated graphics from one level to the next.…See, right now we know how to animate objects around the screen by using keyframes.…We know how to animate their opacity.…But what if I want this line to actually draw on to the page?…Well, that's when I'd want to use an Animated Mask.…And that's exactly what we're going to do on this video.…So to get started, let's actually look at this outer line here and we'll …have it draw on from the top of the page all the way to the bottom.…
So if we select the outer line shape layer here in the Layers panel, …you can see if I zoom out using Cmd-, you can see it's a big circle.…But obviously since it's larger than the canvas, I'm only seeing this one section.…In order to animate this mask, we need to actually create the mask.…So let's make sure we have the Rectangle tool selected.…If you don't see this in your third tool from the bottom, go ahead and click and hold …so you get the flyout menu and then choose Rectangle tool.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.