Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating brushstrokes , part of Artistic Video with Photoshop.
When it comes to animating brush strokes inside of Photoshop we're going to …use some rather old school techniques very similar to cell animation.…Now, don't panic. We're not going to literally have to paint each individual…frame of the animation, but it is going to be rather close.…Now, to get started we need to choose exactly where we'd like these…brush strokes to appear.…So, if you click and drag on the playhead you can bring it back to this where …it says WHAT IT FEELS LIKE.…I'd like some brush strokes to animate underneath the word FEELS.…
Now, rather than drawing these strokes directly inside of this document.…I found sometimes it's a little bit easier to build everything in another…document and then copy it over to this one.…So, before I jump to this other document, I want to make sure I have the…right layer selected so when we copy the layers they'll end up copying above the proper layer.…So, let's scroll down in our Layers panel and select the layer that says…REMEMBER, that way when we copy the layers over they're underneath our text …
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.