Introduction to some advanced techniques for wide-angle underwater photography: sunballs, rays of light, over-unders, and close-focus wide angle.
- [Deke] In this chapter,…we're going to take a look at a few special techniques…that you can employ in order to make your photographs…something really, truly special.…And in all, we're going to cover four…of what we're calling advanced wide angle techniques,…starting with sunballs.…- [Hergen] So sunballs are sort of a term we throw around…in underwater photography,…and that basically means adding the sun to the background.…And as the sun is circular,…it tends to look like a ball of sun in the photograph,…so hence, the term sunballs.…
- [Deke] We also have rays of light.…And in this case, what we're trying to do…is get rid of the sunball.…So when you have sunball,…you have got a bunch of rays of light coming out of it,…but sometimes you just want the rays without that ball.…And we'll show you what that looks like.…- [Hergen] And personally,…one of my favorite types of underwater photography…is actually the over-under, which are images…that have both a topside portion, so out of the water,…and an underwater portion.…
- Wide-angle optics
- Blending and contrasting exposure
- Controlling exposure with aperture
- Lighting underwater
- Shooting on walls and slopes
- Composing underwater shots
- Capturing rays of sunlight
- Going in for close focus
- Post-processing in Lightroom
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Wide Angle?
5. Special Techniques
6. Post Processing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.