Take things a step further for those that are especially proficient with digital tools in this video. Explore advanced layering, composite, and blend-mode treatments for scanned images. Additionally, learn about advanced image repair for damaged photographic prints and creating repeating patterns out of scanned images. Next, learn about scanning analog art and then doing basic or major enhancements or fixes, scanning and digitally treating insta-prints, and scanning sketches and importing them into Illustrator for either reference or digital tracing.
- And now we're gonna talk about…some more advanced digital treatments.…And by the way, don't let the word advanced scare you here.…If you know even the basics of programs like Lightroom,…or Photoshop, you should be just fine,…and even if you're brand new to programs like these,…well, stick around, you might be amazed…at how much of this material involves…simply knowing like what buttons to press,…and when to press them.…Okay, I wanna start here by briefly expanding…on something that I mentioned in the last video.…
It's the idea of going black and white.…I wanna emphasize here, that I hardly ever take…the lazy shortcut of just lowering saturation slider,…'cause that plan, it's just too darn limiting.…So instead of that lazy shortcut,…I go to Lightroom, and I take the lazy shortcuts…of clicking through some…or all of its black and white presets.…And what nice options there are here.…And they're usually a lot more interesting…than what you could get…by simply lowering a saturation slider.…
And yes, you can do this in Photoshop, too.…
- Working with scanning equipment
- Scanning resolution and cropping
- Advanced digital treatments of scans
- Building a creature with a scanner
- Creating a collage with a scanner
- Scanning botanical specimens from your yard
- Creating a GIF using your scanner
- Processing film negatives with a scanner
- Professional uses for scanography
Skill Level Intermediate
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Introduction to scanography1m 55s
1. Getting Started Scanning
2. Using Your Scanner to Create Art
3. Advanced Compositions with Scanning
4. Sharing Your Work
Where to go from here3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.