Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced Content-Aware Fill improvements, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] With this image,…I want to take a look at how we can move beyond the basics…with Content-Aware Fill in order to retouch away…the graphics or the logos…that we have here on the sweatshirt.…Now when working with Content-Aware Fill,…it's a good idea to copy our background layer.…So here I'll click and drag this to the new layer icon…and go ahead and double click that layer name…and call this one "Content Aware Fill."…Next, what we tend to do…when we're working with Content-Aware Fill…is we evaluate the area that we want to work on,…and let's say we want to get rid of the graphics and logos…so we reach for one of our selection tools…like the lasso tool.…
Now with the lasso tool what we can do…is make a selection around the object that is a problem…and then we can pull up the Content-Aware Fill dialog…by going to Edit and choosing Fill.…This opens up our Fill dialog,…here we'll select Content-Aware.…Next, you can press enter or return on your keyboard…or just click OK, and what this will do…is it will ask Photoshop to try to fill in that area…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.